ARE YOU READY
to admit that content is king?
Have you ever heard the phrase, “content is king”? This is a popular saying among marketing professionals who understand the value of a digital content strategy as part of their overall marketing strategy.
A content strategy refers to the development and management of any tangible media (written, visual, downloadable… anything you can think of, can be included in your strategy) that is created to help promote your business. Your content strategy is the piece of your marketing plan that brings it all together and continuously demonstrates who you are and the expertise/knowledge you bring to your industry.
Before actually developing a content strategy, there are a couple of questions that you should do your best answering (if you need help with this, schedule a call with a member of our team today):
- Who are you creating content for?
- What is the problem it is going to solve for that audience?
- What makes you unique in your specific industry?
- What content format makes the most sense to focus on?
- Where will you publish your content to get the most amount of readers?
After you have answered the above questions, it is time to start thinking about the different topics that your content is going to cover. There is no right or wrong way to brainstorm categories of topics. That being said, there are a couple of things that you will always want to keep in mind during and after this brainstorming session:
- Identify your audience’s needs and challenges
- Complete in-depth keyword research
- Make sure you always know what is currently trending in your industry
- Always try and find ways that you can provide value over the competition