ARE YOU READY
to manage your marketing programs with ease?
Marketing automation is all about using software to automate as many marketing activities as possible. Most of the tasks that are automated are the repetitive ones such as email marketing, social media posting and ad campaigns. This is done not only for the sake of efficiency, but also so they businesses can provide a more personalized experience for their customers. Marketing automation can be split into three categories:
- Marketing Intelligence – refers to the use of tacking codes to monitor customers’ online behaviours. This data can be used to help create future marketing programs including behaviour-based market segments.
- Business Development – focused on moving potential customers from the top of the sales funnel (initial awareness) to the bottom of the funnel (ready to buy). Automated business development relies on email, social media, SEO and content marketing to make it work. Before launching this component, all businesses must identify lead qualifications and develop a lead nurturing strategy.
- Workflow Automation – refers to the development of the internal processes required to build a full marketing program (budgeting, calendar, digital asset management, etc.)
Marketing automation lets you implement a digital marketing strategy without having to manually press “send” on each email, message, campaign or post you create. The good systems will help you identify your audience, design the right content and will automatically trigger actions based on schedules and customer behaviours.
How does marketing automation work?
Your business collects data through each interaction with your customers (emails, website visits, app usage, social media, etc.) This data helps create a 360-degree view of each customer. After all of the data is entered, marketing automation takes over and does all of heavy lifting: streamline segmentation and targeting processes, tailor messages for each customer based on their profile, create relevant and personalized messages across email, mobile, social, web and beyond with a few simple clicks (after the system has been setup).
In a nutshell, some of the most powerful marketing automation benefits that most businesses can expect are:
- Increased qualified leads, at a lower cost per lead
- Improved customer retention and relationships
- Improved marketing and sales alignment
- Demonstrating strength in marketing ROI